Today’s F/F Fiction Crossword Puzzle features a genre that is one of my favorites: WLW & lesbian historical romance & historical fiction. I mean, what’s not to love? Historical fiction allows us to live the past instead of reading dry facts. We get to be swept away to a far-off time and place–may it be the Old West, the Middle Ages, the World Wars, or Regency England. So I hope you’ll enjoy imaginary trips to the past while you attempt to solve this crossword puzzle.
Read up on the rules
If you are discovering the F/F Fiction Crossword Challenge only now, read up on the rules and prizes, then come back here and try to solve the WLW & lesbian historical romance & historical fiction puzzle. You can also still send in the solutions for the previous puzzles.
You can either download the crossword grid by right-clicking on the picture below or download the PDF with the crossword grid and the clues. You don’t necessarily need a printer to play. You don’t need to send in the filled-out puzzle; all you need to do is email me the solution phrase.
So, here’s the WLW & lesbian historical romance & historical fiction crossword puzzle:
Here are the clues for the lesbian historical romance & historical fiction puzzle:
- Backwards to Oregon by Jae: What does Amy name Luke’s horse?
- Invisible, as Music by Caren J. Werlinger: What subject does Meryn teach?
- A Little Light Mischief by Cat Sebastian: What is the surname of Molly and Alice’s employer?
- Survived by Her Longtime Companion by Chris Paynter: What is the first name of movie star Daphne DeMonet’s longtime companion?
- Westward We Women by Diane Sisterwoman: What’s the name of Natalia’s best school friend?
- Golddigger by Hilary McCollum: What’s the name of Frank Moriarty’s only friend in New York?
- Prairie Hearts by JB Marsden: In which US state is Carrie pioneering?
- A Lady’s Desire by Lily Maxton: What does Win’s perfume smell like?
- Secrets Well Kept by Lynn Ames: Nora receives a letter offering her a job. What’s the last name of the person who sent her the letter?
- Kickin’ Rocks by Marianne K. Martin: What is Jada’s first major worry/concern?
- The Lady’s Guide to Celestial Mechanics by Olivia Waite: What animal is on the handle of Catherine’s teacup?
- Carmilla and Laura by S D Simper: What forest does Laura live on the outskirts of?
- Kicker’s Journey by Lois Cloarec Hart: Who named Kicker?
- Charity by Paulette Callen: What is Gustie’s real first name?
- Lies of Omission by Elena Graf: What’s the name of Margarethe von Stahle’s mentor?
Check back for hints
If you are struggling to solve the puzzle, check back this weekend. I’ll invite the authors to post hints in the comments section of this blog that will help you solve the puzzle. Some authors will also drop by my Facebook Reader Group to give you some hints.
Send me the solution to be entered into the drawing for the WLW & lesbian historical romance & historical fiction puzzle
Once you solved the historical romance & historical fiction crossword puzzle, send me the solution phrase, and you’ll be entered into the drawing for:
- one ebook copy of The Lady’s Guide to Celestial Mechanics by Olivia Waite,
- a signed paperback copy of Invisible, as Music by Caren J. Werlinger,
- a signed paperback copy of A Little Light Mischief by Cat Sebastian,
- a signed paperback copy of Secrets Well Kept by Lynn Ames.
To be entered into the drawing, send me the solution by March 20, 10 a.m. CET. I’ll draw the winners using a random numbers generator.
You’ll also be entered into the drawing for the grand prize at the end of the year, with a chance to win a book package, plus an autograph book full of autographs of popular WLW & lesbian fiction authors.
You’ll find my email address on my contact page.
Subscribe to this blog to get future F/F Fiction Crossword Challenge posts
If you’d like to get all future Crossword Challenge posts sent to your in-box, subscribe to my blog.
Happy reading and crossword-puzzling!