Just as we lack a lot of books with plus-sized characters, middle-aged and older characters also seem underrepresented in WLW & lesbian fiction, especially in romances.
So to prove that there’s love & life after 40, this week’s F/F Fiction Crossword Puzzle features WLW & lesbian books with characters over 40.
In some of the featured books only one of the main characters is over 40 while the other is younger, making it an age gap romance. In others, both main characters are over 40.
So, here’s the “WLW & lesbian books with characters over 40” puzzle:
You can either download the crossword grid by right-clicking on the picture below or download the PDF with the crossword grid and the clues. You don’t necessarily need a printer to play. You don’t need to send in the filled-out puzzle; all you need to do is email me the solution phrase.
Here are the clues for the “WLW & lesbian books with characters over 40” puzzle:
Keep in mind that apostrophes take up a square of their own!
Also, this crossword puzzle uses the same answer for two of the clues.
- Wrong Number, Right Woman by Jae: What’s the name of Salem’s colleague whom she starts dating?
- The Long Shot by A. L. Brooks: What is Morgan’s favourite ice cream flavour?
- Lost for Words by Andrea Bramhall: What is the name of Fluer’s cat?
- Right Time for Love by Elizabeth Andre: What is the name of the game the main characters are playing?
- Dal Segno by Jax Meyer: What instrument did Laura play?
- One Golden Summer by Clare Lydon & TB Markinson: What’s the nine-letter word Kirsty’s dad is stuck on in his crossword puzzle?
- Hungry for It by Fiona Zedde: What was the profession of Remi’s father?
- Chain Reactions by Lynn Ames: In what town is Nora living?
- Clichéd Love by Lynn Galli: What kind of boots does Iris prefer to wear?
- Beautiful Accidents by Erin Zak: What is the name of the tarot card reading shop where Bernadette and Stevie meet?
- After Mrs Hamilton by Clare Ashton: What’s the name of Laura’s husband?
- Musings of a Madwoman by Jazzy Mitchell: Which alien race engineers a meteorite to affect humans, planning to capture them and breed with them to harness their manifested powers?
- Highland Fling by Anna Larner: What’s the name of Moira Burn’s croft?
- Cracking Love by Emily King: What main crop does Gail Lawrence farm?
- Wavering Convictions by Erin Dutton: What is Ally’s profession?
- Touchwood by Karin Kallmaker: In Louisa’s apartment, there was a reproduction of a famous painting by Edward Hopper. What was it called?
- The War Within by Yolanda Wallace: What does Jordan order in the Wildcat Diner?
- Mistletoe Mishap by Siri Caldwell: What beverage does Viv add a candy cane to?
- Times of our Lives by Jane Waterton: What’s the name of the lesbian retirement home where the characters live?
- Ferrelli’s Restaurant by B.L. Wilson: What’s Vivian’s last name?
Check back for hints
If you are struggling to solve the puzzle, check back this weekend. I’ll invite the authors to post hints in the comments section of this blog that will help you solve the puzzle. Some authors will also drop by my Facebook Reader Group to give you some hints.
Send me the solution to be entered into the drawing for the “WLW & lesbian books with characters over 40” puzzle
Once you solved the “characters over 40” puzzle, send me the solution phrase, and you’ll be entered into the drawing for an ebook copy of:
To be entered into the drawing, send me the solution by October 10, 10 a.m. CET. I’ll draw the winners using a random numbers generator.
You’ll also be entered into the drawing for the grand prize at the end of the year, with a chance to win a book package, plus an autograph book full of autographs of popular WLW & lesbian fiction authors.
You’ll find my email address on my contact page.
Happy reading and crossword-puzzling!