Here’s how to avoid missing my newsletter by having it end up in your spam folder:
- Open an email from me
- Click on the drop down arrow next to the “Reply” button
- Select “Add to Contacts List”
- Click “…” (or “More”) at the top right, above the email header
- Click “Filter messages like this”
- Click “create filter…” button
- From the menu, check the boxes that say “Never send it to Spam” and “Categorize as: Choose Category.”
- Under the “Categorize as: Choose Category…”, click the dropdown icon next to “choose category” and select “primary.”
- Click the “create filter” button.
If you ever find one of my emails in the promotions tab, drag it over to the primary tab. A message will appear asking if you would like to do this for future messages too. Select “Yes”.
First, if you find email from me in your “Yahoo! bulk” folder, open the email and click “Not Spam”.
To stop it from happening:
- Open Yahoo! Mail and click or tap the Gear icon in the top right navigation bar.
- Select Settings from the list that drops down.
- Choose Filters located on the left side of the page.
- Click the Add button on the Filters page.
- Create a name such as Whitelist in the Filter name
- In the From field leave the default contains
- Enter my email address email@example.com in the text box next to it.
- Click the “choose folder” pull-down menu and select “Inbox”
- Click “add filter” or “save.”
First, if email from me ends up in the junk folder, open it and click “Not Junk” at the top of your screen.
- Open the email.
- Select the “From” or “Reply-to” at the top of the email.
- Click “add contact” or “create new contact.”
- Open the email
- Right-click on my name, and click “Add to Outlook Contacts”
- Click “Save”
- On the Tools menu, click “Options”
- On the Preferences tab, under E-mail, click “Junk E-mail”
- Click the Safe Senders tab
- Select the “Also trust e-mail from my Contacts” check box