Today’s F/F Fiction Crossword Puzzle is different from the previous ones: instead of featuring books, this puzzle is about some of the most popular WLW & lesbian fiction authors.
This time, there are also more clues than usual—20 instead of 15—because it was incredibly tough to narrow down the long list of lesbian fiction authors to just a few handfuls. Really a wonderful problem to have! Isn’t it great that we live in a time when there are so many authors writing books about women-loving women?
Each of the clues describes an author, and you’ll have to put their (pen) name as it appears on the covers of their books into the crossword grid.
Some of these authors publish with well-known lesbian fiction publishing houses such as Bold Strokes Books, Ylva Publishing, and Bella Books, while others are successful indie authors.
Most are from the US, but some also live in the UK or in continental Europe, and the crossword also includes a couple of lesbian fiction authors from Australia.
The majority write f/f and lesbian romance novels, but the puzzle also has authors who are best known for their lesbian mystery novels, their romantic suspense, their science fiction novels, or their lesbian paranormal romances.
You can still solve previous puzzles & win ebooks!
If you haven’t solved all the previous puzzles yet, you can still do so! For every solution you send in, you get an entry into the drawing for the grand prize.
So, here’s the popular WLW & lesbian fiction authors puzzle:
You can either download the crossword grid by right-clicking on the picture below or download the PDF with the crossword grid and the clues. You don’t necessarily need a printer to play. You don’t need to send in the filled-out puzzle; all you need to do is email me the solution phrase.
Here are the clues for the “popular WLW & lesbian fiction authors” puzzle:
Important notice: Remember that apostrophes go into their own separate squares in the crossword grid!
- Queen of contemporary lesbian romances, quality chocolate, and pretty shoes who began her publishing career with Naiad Press.
- Australian writer who pens the best lesbian ice queen romances out there.
- British indie author who also podcasts and is probably best known for her romance series set in London.
- UK-based author who works as a paramedic.
- Publisher and prolific author of lesbian medical romances.
- Australian author who writes great first-person-POV romances.
- Award-winning indie author of f/f romances who lives in the UK and is married to another author of f/f romances.
- Award-winning Bella Books author who has been publishing lesbian romantic suspense and romance novels for 20 years.
- Writer from Baton Rouge who pens hilarious romantic comedies about women-loving women.
- US American romance author who’s best known for her girl-next-door characters and her love of donuts.
- Lesbian fiction author who’s also an award-winning cover artist.
- Ylva Publishing author best known for her slow-burn romances.
- Author who writes authentic lesbian fiction about lawyers.
- Lesbian romance author known for her long novels and a series that aims to cover every letter of the alphabet.
- Bold Strokes Books author best known for her paranormal romances and her butch/femme couples.
- Author who runs I Heart Lesfic and co-wrote a series with two other well-known WLW & lesbian fiction authors.
- Upstate New York author with a passion for happy endings & wine—all of her 24 published lesbian romances have happy endings and one has a bottle of wine on the cover.
- Lesbian fiction author who lives in Belgium, beloved for her romance series, age gap romances, and hot sex scenes.
- Bold Strokes Books author best known for her lesbian erotic romance novels.
- Author who lives in Portugal and is best known for her science fiction series.
Check back for hints
If you are struggling to solve the puzzle, check the comments on this blog post in the next few days. I’ll post some tips and hints. If you solved the puzzle except for a few clues, leave a comment and let me know which ones you are struggling with. I might give you a hint!
Send me the solution to be entered into the drawing for the “popular WLW & lesbian fiction authors” puzzle
For this puzzle, the solution phrase is a question! Once you solved the “popular lesbian authors” puzzle, send me the solution phrase and your answer to it.
You’ll be entered into the drawing for an ebook copy of a surprise book! I won’t reveal which book it is because that would give away the name of at least one of the authors we are looking for.
To be entered into the drawing for the surprise book, send me the solution by June 14, 10 a.m. CET. I’ll draw the winners using a random numbers generator.
You’ll also be entered into the drawing for the grand prize at the end of the year, with a chance to win a book package, plus an autograph book full of autographs of popular WLW & lesbian fiction authors.
You’ll find my email address on my contact page.
Subscribe to this blog to get future F/F Fiction Crossword Challenge posts
If you’d like to get all future Crossword Challenge posts sent to your in-box, subscribe to my blog.