I hope you are having fun with the F/F Fiction Crossword Challenge! For our fourth puzzle, I picked one of my favorite tropes: wlw and lesbian slow-burn romance novels.
Slow-burn romances are novels in which the romance develops gradually. Instead of falling in love or jumping into bed in chapter 1, the characters take the time to really get to know each other, forming a deeper connection, and that’s what I like about this kind of romance novels.
A big shout-out to my helpers!
Before I give you the clues, though, I’d like to thank all the people who supplied clues for some of the puzzles. A big shout-out to my wonderful helpers!
Read up on the rules
If you are discovering the F/F Fiction Crossword Challenge only now, read up on the rules and prizes, then come back here and try to solve the slow-burn romance puzzle. You can also still send in the solutions for the previous puzzles.
You can either download the crossword grid by right-clicking on the picture below or download the PDF with the crossword grid and the clues. You don’t necessarily need a printer to play. You don’t need to send in the filled-out puzzle; all you need to do is email me the solution phrase.
So, here’s the WLW & lesbian slow-burn romance crossword puzzle:
Here are the clues for the slow-burn romance puzzle:
- The Roommate Arrangement by Jae: What item do Steph and Rae play tug-of-war with?
- And a Time to Dance by Chris Paynter: What state is the main locale of the book?
- The Truth by Erica Lee: Carly has a blog called, “Some people make mistakes. I _____ them.”
- Living by Lise Gold: What’s the name of Ella’s assistant?
- Heist by MJ Duncan: Where did Parker and Sheridan first meet?
- Charm City by Monica McCallan: In which city does the book take place?
- Breaking Character by Lee Winter: In the indie movie Summer and Elizabeth are making together, how many “Little Pieces” are in the movie title?
- Up on the Roof by A.L. Brooks: What is Lena’s occupation?
- I Found My Heart in San Francisco by Susan X. Meagher: How many O’Flaherty first cousins does Ryan have?
- Without a Front: The Producer’s Challenge by Fletcher DeLancey: What is the alien technology that has initiated a global debate?
- Gulf Breeze by Gerri Hill: One reason Carly quit her job with the state was to get away from this.
- Without Warning by KG MacGregor: How many minutes does Anna’s usual commute take?
- Coming Home by Lois Cloarec Hart: What nickname does Terry give her beloved ancient Toyota?
- A. Metro by RJ Nolan: Kim believes that the best way to start is with this kind of full patient status examination.
- Contract for Love by Alison Grey: What’s the name of Sherry’s friend who watches her son when she’s at work?
Check back for hints
If you are struggling to solve the puzzle, check back this weekend. I’ll invite some of the authors to post hints in the comments section of this blog that will help you solve the puzzle. Some authors will also drop by my Facebook Reader Group to give you some hints.
Send me the solution to be entered into the drawing for the lesbian slow-burn romance puzzle
Once you solved the slow-burn romance crossword puzzle, send me the solution phrase, and you’ll be entered into the drawing for one ebook copy of I Found My Heart in San Francisco by Susan X. Meagher and a signed paperback copy of Living by Lise Gold.
To be entered into the drawing, send me the solution by March 6, 10 a.m. CET. I’ll draw the winners using a random numbers generator.
You’ll also be entered into the drawing for the grand prize at the end of the year, with a chance to win a book package, plus an autograph book full of autographs of popular WLW & lesbian fiction authors.
You’ll find my email address on my contact page.
Subscribe to this blog to get future F/F Fiction Crossword Challenge posts
If you’d like to get all future Crossword Challenge posts sent to your in-box, subscribe to my blog.
Happy reading and crossword-puzzling!