For this week’s puzzle, I picked WLW & lesbian medical romance novels, one of the most popular subgenres.
Apparently, there’s something really sexy about scrubs and stethoscopes! Maybe it’s the high-pressure setting of ERs or the hurt/comfort aspect of some of these romances. Whatever it is, I hope you enjoy today’s puzzle.
You can still send in the solutions for previous puzzles!
You can still solve the previously posted puzzles. For each puzzle, I’m drawing the winners of the giveaway exactly one month after I posted the puzzle, but even if you send in the solution after that date, you will get one more entry for the drawing of the grand prize at the end of the year.
So, here’s the WLW & lesbian medical romance puzzle:
You can either download the crossword grid by right-clicking on the picture below or download the PDF with the crossword grid and the clues. You don’t necessarily need a printer to play. You don’t need to send in the filled-out puzzle; all you need to do is email me the solution phrase.
Here are the clues for the WLW & lesbian medical romance puzzle:
- Heart Trouble by Jae: What does Laleh eat at the after-party, even though she didn’t like them before?
- Labor of Love by Cara Malone: Where is Dr. Mercedes Stone coming to Lakeside from?
- Gallows Humor by Carolyn Elizabeth: What is Corey’s nickname at the hospital?
- Irregular Heartbeat by Chris Zett: What was Diana’s profession during the nine-year break she took from emergency medicine?
- The Promise by Claire Highton-Stevenson: What kind of animal greets Susan and Ali when they return from the hospital?
- Doctored by K’Anne Meinel: What city is Deanna from?
- Major Surgery by Lola Keeley: In which city is St. Sophia’s, where Cassie and Veronica work?
- Perfect Match (Book 1) by Mildred Gail Digby: What is the name of the family that runs the hospital?
- Reservations of the Heart by T.B. Markinson: What’s the name of Stella’s sister?
- L.A. Metro by RJ Nolan: When Kim meets Jess’s dog Thor for the first time, she jokingly refers to him as a …?
- Fated Love by Radclyffe: Quinn coaches Honor’s daughter in what sport?
- Who’d Have Thought by G Benson: What’s the name of Hayden’s cantankerous cat?
- Blurred Lines by KD Williamson: At which hospital does Nora work?
- Ask, Tell by E.J. Noyes: What’s the name of Sabine’s best friend?
- Heart Failure by Chris Zett: What’s the name of Jess’s daughter?
Check back for hints
If you are struggling to solve the puzzle, check back this weekend. I’ll invite the authors to post hints in the comments section of this blog that will help you solve the puzzle. Some authors will also drop by my Facebook Reader Group to give you some hints.
Send me the solution to be entered into the drawing for the WLW & lesbian medical romance puzzle
Once you solved the medical romance puzzle, send me the solution phrase, and you’ll be entered into the drawing for:
- A signed paperback copy of Reservations of the Heart by T.B. Markinson
- A signed paperback copy of Doctored by K’Anne Meinel
- An ebook copy of Labor of Love by Cara Malone
To be entered into the drawing, send me the solution by April 5, 10 a.m. CET. I’ll draw the winners using a random numbers generator.
You’ll also be entered into the drawing for the grand prize at the end of the year, with a chance to win a book package, plus an autograph book full of autographs of popular WLW & lesbian fiction authors.
You’ll find my email address on my contact page.
Subscribe to this blog to get future F/F Fiction Crossword Challenge posts
If you’d like to get all future Crossword Challenge posts sent to your in-box, subscribe to my blog.
Happy reading and crossword-puzzling!
5 thoughts on “WLW & lesbian medical romance novels (F/F Fiction Crossword Challenge #7)”
Medical romances make my heart skip a beat…these are keepers!
Here’s a hint for clue #1 (Heart Trouble): You’ll find the answer in chapter 4.
Thanks for playing everybody – this is one of my favorite sub-genres to write in!
Here’s a clue for #2 – think coffee!
You can find the answer to mine if you check out the Amazon listing.
Correction for clue #6: In “Doctored” by K’Anne Meinel, the question needs to be: What city is Deanna from? (not Madison)