If you have taken a look at the schedule for the F/F Fiction Crossword Challenge, you know that I put together puzzles for several publishing houses that publish WLW & lesbian books. Every publisher whose authors submitted enough clues will get their own crossword puzzle—and indie authors will get a puzzle too.
Today, I’d like to start with my own publisher, so here’s the Ylva Publishing crossword puzzle.
If you are discovering the F/F Fiction Crossword Challenge only now, read up on the rules and prizes, then come back here and try to solve the Ylva puzzle.
You can either download the crossword grid by right-clicking on the picture below or download the PDF with the crossword grid and the clues. You don’t necessarily need a printer to play. You don’t need to send in the filled-out puzzle to play; all you need to do is email me the solution phrase.
Here are the clues for the Ylva Publishing crossword puzzle:
- The Roommate Arrangement by Jae: What’s the name of the comedy club where Rae works security?
- L.A. Metro by RJ Nolan: What field of medicine does Dr. Kimberly Donovan specialize in?
- Heart’s Surrender by Emma Weimann: What last name does Sam give the first time she meets Gillian?
- Hot Line by Alison Grey: What is the name Christina uses when she works for the sex hotline?
- Who’d Have Thought by G Benson: What pronoun does Hayden’s best friend Luce use?
- Changing the Script by Lee Winter: What unusual color is the sand at the beach in California that Sam would love to visit?
- The Club by A.L. Brooks: What’s the name of the woman Mandy was in love with for years?
- A Lover’s Mercy by Fiona Zedde: What’s the name of Xóchitl’s sister?
- Heartwood by Catherine Lane: In what mythical town does the book take place?
- Code of Conduct by Cheyenne Blue: What’s the first name of the player who defeats Viva in her title defence at the US Open?
- The Words Shimmer by Jenn Matthews: What is Mel’s profession?
- Slammed by Lola Keeley: Which country does Elin represent when playing tennis?
- Irregular Heartbeat by Chris Zett: What legendary creature is tattooed on Diana’s back?
- The X Ingredient by Roslyn Sinclair: What kind of law does the idealistic Laurie Holcombe hope to go into?
- Defensive Mindset by Wendy Temple: What team does Jessie play for?
Check back for hints
If you are struggling to solve the puzzle, check back this weekend. I’ll invite some of the authors to post hints in the comments section of this blog that will help you solve the puzzle. Some authors will also drop by my Facebook Reader Group to give you some hints.
Send me the solution to be entered into the drawing
Once you solved the Ylva Publishing crossword puzzle, send me the solution words, and you’ll be entered into the drawing for one ebook copy of Irregular Heartbeat by Chris Zett and a signed paperback copy of The X Ingredient by Roslyn Sinclair.
To be entered into the drawing, send me the solution by February 9, 10 a.m. CET. I’ll draw the winners using a random numbers generator.
You’ll also be entered into the drawing for the grand prize at the end of the year, with a chance to win a book package, plus an autograph book full of autographs of popular WLW & lesbian fiction authors.
You’ll find my email address on my contact page.
Subscribe to this blog to get future F/F Fiction Crossword Challenge posts
If you’d like to get all future Crossword Challenge posts sent to your in-box, subscribe to my blog.
Happy reading and crossword-puzzling!