It’s time for another publishers edition! This week’s F/F Fiction Crossword Puzzle features novels from Bywater Books. Bywater publishes lesbian books, feminist-themed fiction, and narrative nonfiction from authors such as Ann McMan, Ellen Hart, Katherine V. Forrest, Marianne K. Martin, Anna Burke, and many more.
Read up on the rules
If you are discovering the F/F Fiction Crossword Challenge only now, read up on the rules and prizes, then come back here and try to solve the Bywater Books puzzle. You can also still send in the solutions for the previous puzzles, including the “toaster oven” puzzle. Everyone who solves that puzzle wins an ebook copy of Uncommon Emotions by Lynn Galli.
You can either download the crossword grid by right-clicking on the picture below or download the PDF with the crossword grid and the clues. You don’t necessarily need a printer to play. You don’t need to send in the filled-out puzzle; all you need to do is email me the solution phrase.
So, here’s the Bywater Books puzzle:
Here are the clues for the Bywater Books puzzle:
- Jericho by Ann McMan: What is Sydney’s actual first name?
- Out of Time by Paula Martinac: What does Susan take from the antiques shop?
- Paper is White by Hilary Zaid: What is the name of the three-cornered cookies Ellen bakes for her friend Fiona?
- Bury Me When I’m Dead by Cheryl A. Head: To what U.S. southern city do Charlie and her team travel to search for a missing person?
- Hoosier Daddy by Ann McMan & Salem West: What nickname did T-Bomb and Luanne give Friday’s love interest?
- I Can’t Think Straight by Shamim Sarif: In which British city do Leyla and Tala spend their first night together?
- On a LARP by Stefani Deoul: Sid discovers her fantasy crush channel surfing. What was the “old” movie Sid came across?
- 2° by Bev Prescott: What name does Sharon give to the refugee boy she meets in an alleyway?
- The Song of the Seaby Jenn Alexander: What is the name of Auntie Eloise’s dog?
- Other Girls by Avery Brooks: What is the name of Sam’s best friend?
- Compass Rose by Anna Burke: What color are Rose’s eyes?
- For Now, For Always by Marianne K. Martin: Where is Sylvia, Renee’s mother?
- Edge of Glory by Rachel Spangler: The main characters call their youngest competition by what nickname?
- 96 Hours by Georgia Beers: What Canadian Province was Abby’s plane unexpectedly forced to land in?
- Miss McGhee by Bett Norris: What’s the name of the town where Mary McGhee is traveling to?
Check back for hints
If you are struggling to solve the puzzle, check back this weekend. I’ll invite the authors to post hints in the comments section of this blog that will help you solve the puzzle. Some authors will also drop by my Facebook Reader Group to give you some hints.
Send me the solution to be entered into the drawing for the Bywater Books puzzle
Once you solved the Bywater Books puzzle, send me the solution phrase, and you’ll be entered into the drawing for an ebook copy of:
- 2° by Bev Prescott
- Other Girls by Avery Brooks
- Compass Rose by Anna Burke
To be entered into the drawing, send me the solution by May 16, 10 a.m. CET. I’ll draw the winners using a random numbers generator.
You’ll also be entered into the drawing for the grand prize at the end of the year, with a chance to win a book package, plus an autograph book full of autographs of popular WLW & lesbian fiction authors.
You’ll find my email address on my contact page.
Subscribe to this blog to get future F/F Fiction Crossword Challenge posts
If you’d like to get all future Crossword Challenge posts sent to your in-box, subscribe to my blog.
Happy reading and crossword-puzzling!