After Ylva Publishing and Bold Strokes Books got puzzles of their own, it’s time for another publisher’s edition. Today’s F/F Fiction Crossword Puzzle features another one of the big publishers of WLW & lesbian fiction: Bella Books.
Bella Books has published their first lesbian book in 2001 and took over the backstock of Naiad Press in 2003. Since then, they have published popular authors such as Karin Kallmaker, E.J. Noyes, Katherine V. Forrest, KG MacGregor, Gerri Hill, Tracey Richardson, Heather Rose Jones, and many more.
Read up on the rules
If you are discovering the F/F Fiction Crossword Challenge only now, read up on the rules and prizes, then come back here and try to solve the Bella Books puzzle. You can also still send in the solutions for the previous puzzles.
You can either download the crossword grid by right-clicking on the picture below or download the PDF with the crossword grid and the clues. You don’t necessarily need a printer to play. You don’t need to send in the filled-out puzzle; all you need to do is email me the solution phrase.
So, here’s the Bella Books crossword puzzle:
Here are the clues for the Bella Books puzzle:
- Alone by E. J. Noyes: What thing did Celeste lose in the habitat and asked to be replaced in a supply drop from The Controllers?
- Anyone But You by KG MacGregor: What’s the name of the lesbian finder app?
- No One But You by Catherine Maiorisi: What’s the name of the woman who jilts Lily?
- Take Only Pictures by Laina Villeneuve: Kristine’s father says there are two ways off a ___. “When it’s their idea, and when it’s yours.”
- Moonlight Avenue by Gerri Hill: How old was Finley when she quit the police force?
- In the Silences by Rachel Gold: What pronouns does Aisha suggest for Kaz?
- Thursday Afternoons by Tracey Richardson: What hotel do Ellis and Amy meet at?
- Pixie by D. Jordan Redhawk: What was Gillie’s street name?
- My Lady Lipstick by Karin Kallmaker: What does Paris bake to relieve her anxiety?
- Five Moons Rising by Lise MacTague: What metal’s effectiveness on werewolves is chalked up to being an old wives’ tale?
- The Mystic Marriage by Heather Rose Jones: This practice does not pay for food or rent.
- Cracking Love by Emily King: Gail is adamant that this kind of food is the freshest.
- Homecoming by Celeste Castro: What’s the title of the book that put Dusty on the map as a serious writer?
- The Schuyler House by Cade Haddock Strong: What were both Mattie and Ellen addicted to from day one?
- Water’s Edge by Genevieve Fortin: What is Emilie’s favorite chore?
Check back for hints
If you are struggling to solve the puzzle, check back this weekend. I’ll invite the authors to post hints in the comments section of this blog that will help you solve the puzzle. Some authors will also drop by my Facebook Reader Group to give you some hints.
Send me the solution to be entered into the drawing for the Bella Books puzzle
Once you solved the Bella Books crossword puzzle, send me the solution phrase, and you’ll be entered into the drawing for:
- A signed paperback copy of Take Only Pictures by Laina Villeneuve
- An ebook copy of Alone by E.J. Noyes
- An ebook copy of Anyone But You by KG MacGregor
To be entered into the drawing, send me the solution by April 12, 10 a.m. CET. I’ll draw the winners using a random numbers generator.
You’ll also be entered into the drawing for the grand prize at the end of the year, with a chance to win a book package, plus an autograph book full of autographs of popular WLW & lesbian fiction authors.
You’ll find my email address on my contact page.
Subscribe to this blog to get future F/F Fiction Crossword Challenge posts
If you’d like to get all future Crossword Challenge posts sent to your in-box, subscribe to my blog
Happy reading and crossword-puzzling!