I’m very excited to share the first post of the long-awaited F/F Fiction Crossword Challenge with you. For our first crossword puzzle, I picked WLW & lesbian books with ice queen characters because that kind of heroine is quite popular with readers.
If you are unfamiliar with the term, an ice queen is a character who starts out as cold and prickly but usually thaws during the course of the book, often because they’re falling in love with the other main character.
If you missed yesterday’s post explaining the rules of the F/F Fiction Crossword Challenge, read up on it here and then come back to solve the first puzzle.
So, without further ado, here’s the ice queen crossword puzzle.
You can either download the crossword grid by right-clicking on the picture below or download the PDF with the crossword grid and the clues.
Here are the clues for the ice queen crossword puzzle:
- Going Up by Amanda Radley: What causes assistant Gemma’s productivity to take a nosedive?
- Being Hers by Anna Stone: What’s Vanessa’s drink of choice?
- Ice on Wheels by Aurora Rey: The New Orleans roller derby team is called the Big Easy ___.
- The Shark: ShudderCon Las Vegas 5 by Cara Malone: Evelyn Green is known in Hollywood as a shark in a ___.
- Sunsets and Shades by Erica Lee: What type of animal does Kinsley own?
- Blend by Georgia Beers: What is the name of the wine bar?
- Under a Falling Star by Jae: What nickname does Austen give Dee?
- Lost Treasures by Jazzy Mitchell: At what event does Evelyn Allbright meet Victoria “Torry” Hansen for the first time?
- Courting the Countess by Jenny Frame: What is Harry’s actual first name?
- Blurred Lines by KD Williamson: What kind of pet does Nora own?
- The Brutal Truth by Lee Winter: How does Elena Bartell’s signature line end? “We’re___”
- Forbidden Melody by Magnolia Robbins: What is the name of the Chopin song that Juliet and Emma play during private lessons?
- Someone Like You by Marian Snowe: What is Maggie’s sister’s name?
- Tropical Storm by Melissa Good: What is Dar Robert’s first name short for?
- Close to Home by Rachel Spangler: What’s the name of the town where the book is set?
Check back for hints
If you are struggling to solve the puzzle, check back this weekend. I’ll invite some of the authors to post hints in the comments section of this blog that will help you solve the puzzle. Some authors will also drop by my Facebook Reader Group to give you some hints.
Send me the solution to win a book
Once you solved the ice queen crossword puzzle, send me the solution word and you’ll get a free ebook! You don’t even need to be the first person to send me the solution since everyone wins a book for the first crossword puzzle they solve. You’ll find my email address on my contact page.
One person who sends in the correct solution word will also win a signed paperback copy of Blend by Georgia Beers, and one person will win an ebook copy of The Brutal Truth by Lee Winter. To be entered into the drawing, send me the solution word by February 2, 10 a.m. CET. I’ll draw the winners using a random numbers generator.
Subscribe to this blog to get future F/F Fiction Crossword Challenge posts
If you’d like to get all future Crossword Challenge posts sent to your in-box, subscribe to my blog.
Happy reading and crossword-puzzling!