This week’s F/F Fiction Crossword Puzzle covers WLW & lesbian fiction that won an award! Some of them won mainstream awards, others won awards from LGBT+ literary organizations such as a Lambda Literary Award or a Golden Crown Literary Society Award.
Lists of award winners are usually a great source of finding books that are worth reading, so take a look at the books in this puzzle.
Read up on the rules
If you are discovering the F/F Fiction Crossword Challenge only now, read up on the rules and prizes, then come back here and try to solve the award-winning WLW & lesbian fiction puzzle. You can also still send in the solutions for the previous puzzles.
So, here’s the award-winning WLW & lesbian fiction puzzle:
You can either download the crossword grid by right-clicking on the picture below or download the PDF with the crossword grid and the clues. You don’t necessarily need a printer to play. You don’t need to send in the filled-out puzzle; all you need to do is email me the solution phrase.
Here are the clues for the award-winning WLW & lesbian fiction puzzle:
- Something in the Wine by Jae: What’s the name of Annie’s cat?
- The Red Files by Lee Winter: What’s the name of the newspaper Lauren worked for as a copy kid in Iowa?
- When the Stars Sang by Caren J. Werlinger: What’s the name of Kathleen’s dog?
- Clean Slate by Andrea Bramhall: How old does Morgan Masters believe she is when she wakes up in the hospital?
- Sappho’s Bar and Grill by Bonnie J. Morris: Who is the mystical bartender/owner of Sappho’s Bar and Grill?
- Exception to the Rule by Cindy Rizzo: Who is Tracy and Robin’s best friend?
- Frame by Frame by CJ Murphy: What nickname does Laurel call Val?
- London Calling by Clare Lydon: What’s the name of Jess’s doctor flatmate in Sydney?
- Gold by EJ Noyes: Ex-alpine ski racer turned ski coach, Aspen Archer is working at which Australian ski resort when she meets Cate Tierney
- Paper is White by Hilary Zaid: What is the name of the three-cornered cookies Ellen bakes for her friend Fiona?
- Tailor-Made by Yolanda Wallace: What is Dakota’s day job?
- A Marine Awakening by Jax Meyer: In what city did Cam meet Sharon?
- Speak Its Name by Kathleen Jowitt: What’s the name of the hall of residence at the University of Stancester where Lydia Hawkins is Christian Fellowship representative?
- Worth Every Step by KG MacGregor: What mountain do Mary Kate and Addison climb?
- The Music and the Mirror by Lola Keeley: What does Victoria call Anna on her first day?
- Great Bones by Lynn Ames: What main excuse/ailment did Goldie make up to get herself checked into a nursing home?
- The Club by A.L. Brooks: What fragrance does Kath wear?
- Judge Me When I’m Wrong by Cheryl A. Head: What’s the name of Charlie’s firm?
- A Heart to Call Home by Jeannie Levig: What’s the pendant Jessie wears around her neck?
- Compass Rose by Anna Burke: What’s the name of the Man o’ War’s first mate?
Send me the solution to be entered into the drawing for the award-winning WLW & lesbian fiction puzzle
Once you solved the award-winning WLW & lesbian fiction puzzle, send me the solution phrase, and you’ll be entered into the drawing for:
To be entered into the drawing, send me the solution by December 5, 10 a.m. CET. I’ll draw the winners using a random numbers generator.
You’ll also be entered into the drawing for the grand prize at the end of the year, with a chance to win a book package, plus an autograph book full of autographs of popular WLW & lesbian fiction authors.
You’ll find my email address on my contact page.
Have you read our free anthology Glimpses yet?
Speaking of award-winning authors… Several of the award-winning authors in this puzzle have a short story in our anthology Glimpses, which is available for free. If you don’t already have an ebook copy, you can download it on Bookfunnel in the format of your choice.
Happy reading and crossword-puzzling!